Microsoft Teams : Major Update – Restricted access to Microsoft Teams data via Exchange Web Services – Action required by Jan 31, 2023
Greetings for the day!!!
Today new update related to Microsoft Teams and Exchange Web Services. Microsoft is retiring Exchange Web Services to access Microsoft Teams data.
- Starting with Jan 31, 2023 – Microsoft will restrict access to Exchange Web Services to access Microsoft Teams message data.
- Hence access to Teams message data is available through the Microsoft Graph Teams Export API
- Teams Export API allows us to access
- group chat
- meeting chats
- and channel messages from Microsoft Teams
Action need to be taken
- If any application implemented to get Teams message using Exchange Web Services (EWS) those will be need to updated, we need to use Microsoft Graph Teams Export API
- These applications need to be updated by Jan 31, 2023
What are Exchange Web Services
- Exchange Web Services (EWS) are the legacy APIs used to create clients and services that connect to Exchange to get access to mailbox information
- Accessing Teams message data through EWS is unsupported by Microsoft
- Restricted access to Microsoft Teams data via EWS starts January 31, 2023
- Export content with the Microsoft Teams Export APIs
Thanks for reading !! If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share !!! SHARING IS CARING 🙂
Enjoy the beautiful life !! Have a FUN !! HAVE A SAFE LIFE !! TAKE CARE 🙂