Microsoft Teams : Power Automate – Sending messages to multiple users in chat box – resolving error – No user details with email or UPN ‘ ‘ were found in Graph.
Greetings for the day!!!
Today again new learning ! issue and solution !
Use Case / Background / Details
- We have SharePoint list
- As we create new item in SharePoint list we need to send message to couple of users in there Teams chat from one of the SharePoint list column of type “Person” – allowing multiple selection
- So we simply thought to use Teams action “Post message in a chat or channel” and try to use as in below figure
- But as we trigger flow we get it failed with below error
No user details with email or UPN ‘email@example.com;firstname.lastname@example.org’ were found in Graph.
- Actually, we can not add more than one recipient to the action “Post message in a chat or channel”. It perfectly works for one recipient
- We can send message in one users chat box. This is by design
Solution / Workaround
- We could use Array variable and append all the users to whom we need to send the message in there respective chat box – using “Append to array variable” action
- Initializing array variable
- Appending users to Array variable
- Once we have initialized Array variable we could append respective users to whom we need to send messages in there respective chat box using “Append to array variable” action
- Then we will use “Apply to each” for Array variable and use “Post message in a chat or channel” action within “Apply to each” action for each user
- As we execute flow successfully, users will get an respective message in their Teams chat
Thanks for reading the article !!! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂