Power Platform : Power Automate – How to verify whether value is available for Person column in SharePoint list – for single value selection or multiple selection
Greetings for the day!!!
Today again small sharing !!!
As me and my team took bit good amount time to verify the conditions for Person type column either single value selection or multiple value selection. So thought to share though it was very simple. SHARING IS CARING 🙂
- We have one SharePoint list in my demo tenant – “Power Automate – Test Person field” with some of the following columns like (there are other columns as well)
- User – Person – with single value selection
- Users – Person – with multi value selection
- List schema
- On new item creation in given list we need to trigger Power Automate
- In Power Automate we need check if value in “User ” column is specified or not while creating the item – that means any user is specified or not in this column
- To check the value of Person – single selection column we just need to check either empty value OR null in condition control as
- Just check for blank / empty value as in below figure
- For multiple value selection Person column, in Power Automate we get array as , there are two users selected in list item
- Since we have array of result we can user the length() under Expression – to check if respective columns have values or not as – that means users are selected or not
Thanks for reading the article !!! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂