Power Platform : Power Automate – Getting values of multiple selection choice column of SharePoint list and posting to Teams channel
Greetings for the day!!!
Today new small learning 🙂
Learning – In one of the use case we need to get value of column of type multiple selection choice and need to post in Teams channel
Since my team member bit struggled here to get values of multiple selection choice column so thought to share workaround which we used. Sharing is Caring 🙂
- I have created sample list in my demo tenant with column – “Multivaluechoice” with multiple selection option as in below figure
- Following is the list schema
- Following are the settings for column – “Multivaluechoice”
- Now next step is to use get the selected values in item in Power Automate
- We created Power Automate on Item creation
- Initialize the variable of type string “varChoice” as
- We are using “Apply to each” action for our multi selection value column and using “Append to string variable” action to append each selected value in our multi selection column value
- Once we have values in string variable, we could use the variable to post the message in team channel
- Following is the output when flow ran successfully – Messages in Teams channel with selected values in list
Thanks for reading the article !!! Please feel free to discuss in case any issues / suggestions / thoughts / questions !!!
HAVE A GREAT TIME AHEAD !!! LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂