M365 SharePoint Online – Event Web Part and Quick Link Web Part
In last article we discuss about SharePoint online Document Web Part.
Today we will discuss about the Event Web Part and Quick Link Web part in SharePoint Online.
- When we add a modern page to a site we add and customize web parts, which are the bulinding blocks of our page.
- we can add text,images,files,videos,dynamic content and more using the web part.
- In this article we discuss about Event web part,which allow us to easily display upcoming events on our page.
How to Add Event web part:
- Click on edit option at the top right of the page.
- Hover the mouse above or below an existing web part and click on Plus icon and select Event web part.
- Click on Add Event.
- Give our Event a name at the top of the page. We can add an image to the title area by clicking the Add image button in the upper left.
- In When section choose the date and time.
- In Where section enter a location or address. If our location is right then we can add a map also.
- In the Link section we can enter an online meeting link. If we don’t put a link this section will not appear in the event.
- In Category section choose a category such as Meeting , Work hours ,Business ,Holiday etc.
- We can provide description about the event in About this event area.
- When we done click on Save
How to Edit an Event web part
Once we saved the event we can edit it on the event page
- Select see all in the right hand corner of the event page.
- Select event which we want to edit and select edit button at the top right of the event page.
- Select save when we are done.
Quick Links Web Part
How to add the Quick link web part
- If our page is not edit mode , click edit at the top right of the page.
- Click on plus icon and add a Quick link web part.
- Type over the Quick link title to add our own title.
- To add link click on add link option
- After click on add link option it will display the list of recent items.
- Choose form recent items which we have to add into Quick link web part as a quick link.
- Select Quick link will appear on front of the Quick link web part.
- After click on edit option it will open edit panel on the right hand side
- When we click on change option it will recent item list from there we can change the Quick link.
- We can see the title of our selected link in title box.
- We can set the thumbnail image for the link.
- Auto Selected means it will automatically selected when we add the link into Quick link web part.
- Custom image means we can set image for the link.
- Icon means we can select icons also.
- If we give alternate text for the thumbnail then if we facing network issue then our image can’t load then we see our alternate text.
- We can change the layout of the Quick links into various types.
- After All changes done we have to republish the site page to appear the changes on site page.
Thanks For the Reading
Have a nice day 🙂