M365 – SharePoint Online for beginners
“Every moment is a fresh beginning“
I am learning SharePoint Online and eager to share what I learn on SharePoint Online.
Let’s get started,
SharePoint Online is a powerful web-based application used for collaboration and information exchange across an organization. In simple terms, it is the cloud version of SharePoint. Just like SharePoint On-Premises, SharePoint Online allows users to store, share and manage content seamlessly
SharePoint Online Overview
- Build Intranet sites and create pages, document libraries, and lists.
- Add web parts to customize your content.
- Show important visuals, news, and updates with a Team or Communication site.
- Discover, follow, and search for sites, files, and people across your company.
- Manage your daily routine with workflows, forms, and lists.
- Sync and store your files in the cloud so anyone can securely work with you.
How to Login Microsoft 365
- Go to office.com, and sign in to your M365 account – https://www.office.com/?auth=2
- Launching SharePoint -> Select SharePoint from the app launcher.
How to create site
- From your SharePoint homepage (_layouts/15/sharepoint.aspx), select + Create site.
- There are 2 types of templates
- Team site
- SharePoint Team site connects you and your team to shared content and resources.
- Team site in SharePoint Online is a great tool for quick and easy collaboration on a project.
- Host all of your documents and communication on a single platform without losing them.
- Read team-related news
- Stay on track with a shared calendar and managed tasks
- Communication site
- SharePoint Communication site use for broadcasting information out to others.
- Communication site to share news, reports, status, and other information in a visually compelling format.
- Communication sites are responsive and can be viewed from anywhere on any device.
- Engage with a large audience
- Select Team site or Communication site
- Type in a site name, description, privacy setting, and language. Then select Next.
- Add additional site owners and group members as needed.
- Select Finish.
Hope this article helpful to the SharePoint Online beginners. Will catch up with new articles.
Keep learning and keep smiling.