Cloud service model – Software-as-a-Service (SaaS)
Hello friends 🙂
lets continue our discussion – Cloud services model – SaaS
- SaaS known as
- Advantage of SaaS
- SaaS applications are sometimes called Web-based software, on-demand software, or hosted software.
2) Characteristics of SaaS
- The service is purchased on a user subscription basis.
- No additional hardware is required to be installed by the customer.
- Updates are applied automatically without customer intervention
3)SaaS provider provides the following services –
- Business Services – SaaS Provider provides various business services to start-up the business. The SaaS business services include ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning), CRM (Customer Relationship Management), billing, and sales.
- Document Management – SaaS document management is a software application offered by a third party (SaaS providers) to create, manage, and track electronic documents.
- Example: Slack, Samepage, Box, and Zoho Forms.
- Social Networks – As we all know, social networking sites are used by the general public, so social networking service providers use SaaS for their convenience and handle the general public’s information.
- Mail Services – To handle the unpredictable number of users and load on e-mail services, many e-mail providers offering their services using SaaS.
4) Advantages of Saas
- Reduced time to benefit
- Lower costs
- Scalability and integration
- New releases (upgrades)
- Easy to use and perform proof-of-concepts
5)Disadvantages of SaaS
- Insufficient Data Security. This is one of the top concerns for companies who are looking to opt for a SaaS-based application model
- Difficulty with Regulations Compliance
- Cumbersome Data Mobility
- Low Performance
- Troublesome Software Integration
Thankyou 🙂 In next article we will discuss next cloud service model – PaaS