PL-900 : Microsoft Certified Power Platform Fundamentals – Exam Experience
I hope everyone is doing great!!
Today I am not going to write about any issue/technical functionality/solution. But I am going to share my PL-900 exam experience with you.
I had scheduled my PL-900 : Microsoft Certified Power Platform Fundamentals which was held yesterday. This exam allows us to improve our productivity by knowing the power of Power Platform, which includes Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI and Power Virtual Agents. The exam experience was very nice. Let me take you through a short tour of how I prepared for it, study materials or links etc.
- Study through Microsoft Events:
There are many sources for the preparation of this exam, but the best I could find is Microsoft Event or webinar.
- You can see various Microsoft Events on this link : Microsoft Events
- There you will find one event listed as Microsoft Power Platform Training Days.
- Click the tile to open, and there you will find when the next event is happening.
- Click the date and fill the form to register.
- Attending this event has two benefits.
a. You will be prepared for the exam free of cost with each topic covered.
b. You will get an exam voucher or coupon which you can use at the time of scheduling the exam. This coupon gives you 100% discount on the exam fee, you can use one coupon only once. So, basically you don’t have to pay any cost/fee for exam.
2. Study through Microsoft Learning Path:
Although, you attend Microsoft Event you might want to revisit you knowledge or skills. In that case Microsoft Learning Path is the best. There are again two ways to follow this learning path.
- Online Free : here, you can learn at your own pace – Microsoft Learning Path for PL-900
- Instructor led – Paid
Exam Questions Practice:
After you have attended Microsoft Event or gone through Microsoft Learning path for the exam, you might want to practice exam questions. Find links below for the practice questions:
On this site, there are many questions available to practice for exam with their answers (check discussion for each questions for correct answers). Some of the questions are actually from the exam.
If you want to practice questions in fun and easy way, you can go to above link. There exam questions-answers are presented in flash cards way. Games are also available, such as Match and Gravity.
- No. of questions : 45
- Includes : single select, multiselect, match, select appropriate option from dropdown, necessary sequence of actions to perform particular task etc.
- Each correct selection is worth one point. So, I would suggest to attend all questions.
for e.g. If any question require to select two correct options out of given options, and we selected two correct options then you get 2 points.
- Time Duration : 60 minutes
- Minimum marks required to pass the exam : 700
- Marks are calculated on the scale of 0-1000. So, in short you need to score 70% to pass this exam.
- Exam was held on Pearson VUE application.
- After exam is finished, immediately you will see your score card on screen and you will receive it through mail also.
- Certificate is generated in your Microsoft account dashboard (the account you used to register for exam) – Certificates section. From here you can download your certificate in pdf format.
Overall exam experience was fantastic and I am looking forward to my next exam!!
Thanks for reading