Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 4 – Teams action – For a selected message – Taking user input using Adaptive Card and creating new incident in ServiceNow
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY HOME 🙂
Background : In our current series we are discussing integration of Microsoft Teams, Power Automate and ServiceNow. Today this is last article of the series and we will discuss new Microsoft Team Trigger – “For a selected message” which allows us to take input from the user using Adaptive Card who post the message in Teams and want to create new ticket / incident in ServieceNow
If you didn’t got a chance to go through previous articles please have a look once
- Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 1 – Connecting to Service Now from Power Automate
- Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 2 – Creating Service Now incident from Power Automate
- Microsoft Teams : Integrating with Service Now – Part 3 – Posting back ServiceNow incident number to user (to whom ticket is assigned)
Use Case / Background: We are automating the process of creation of ServiceNow incident from Teams channel.
Today in this article we will discuss how to get the input for user who want to create the new incident in ServiceNow which are required for incident properties for example – priority / Group to assigned / description / worknotes and so on using Microsoft Teams Adaptive card.
Details / Steps :
- In Power Automate there is a Teams trigger – “For a selected message” as shown in below Fig
- This triggers allows us to start Power Automate for selected message in Microsoft Teams
- Once we added this trigger, we have Adaptive Card available for getting the user inputs as
- Click on “Edit Adaptive Card” button as in above Fig, we will get an “Adaptive Card” editor as shown in below Fig
- We could edit the controls available on Adaptive Card with the fields which we need and those can be then accessed to Power Automate.
- For every field on Adaptive Card there is by default unique id is associated. We could change this id as well. This id we can use in “Create Record” action in Power Automate as
- Here in this article I wont go for Adaptive Card controls and details. I’ll try to come up with separate article for the same 🙂
- How to use Adaptive Card fields – Lets edit “Create Record” action of Service Now in Power Automate so that those will be reflected in incidents as shown in below Fig
- Once we have Power Automate ready, we are ready to test
- For testing this Power Automate we need to go to our teams, post the message and trigger the Power Automate as shown in below Fig
- Once we triggered Power Automate, we will get adaptive card for input as shown in below Fig
- On “Submit” button “Power Automate” will be triggered.
- As shown in below Fig – Power Automate executed successfully and we could see incident number
- Login to ServiceNow and we could see the incident as
I’ll stop here and complete this series. If you face any challenge / issue while integrate ServiceNow and Microsoft Teams or Power Automate please feel to put comment or discuss 🙂
- Adaptive card to a private channel currently is not supported.
Thanks for reading 🙂 Feel free to discuss / comments / questions 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂