Artificial Intelligence for Beginners / Freshers / Collage Students
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY HOME 🙂
Background : Recently got a chance to conduct session for collage students. College has suggested few topics which will be helpful to students. Mostly students are final year or third year – PG students. These are the student who will be starting their jobs soon.
One of the topic is Artificial Intelligence 🙂 . So took it and started study / research 🙂 And surprisingly very interesting facts came out. Statistics are showing how AI will revolutionize the technology in coming near feature.
On Knowledge-Junction we already have articles on AI Builder => https://knowledge-junction.com/?s=AI+Builder from Power Platform, but this time again starting from scratch and along this journey of AI articles I’ll also learn more 🙂
This is first article for beginners or freshers – Where / How to start with AI. Lets begin the show 🙂
NOTE : I am not AI expert. I am also start learning AI 🙂 All the below points are from my research and according to me 🙂
Take away from this session : At the end of the session we will got to know –
- Prerequisites required for AI?
- AI Builder ?
- What are the Use Cases?
- Why I should learn AI / Why I should seriously think about AI?
- As a fresher, where to start ?
- Basic knowledge of computer science
- Bit knowledge of Mathematics, Science, Mechanical or Electrical engineering
What is AI
Intelligence = The ability to learn, adopt and solve the problem
Artificial Intelligence = Simulation of human intelligence by Machines :
Ability to solve the problem
Ability like to act humans
So what AI includes:
- Knowledge, planning and communication
- Basically it’s a science and engineering of making machines intelligent , you may say computer programs
- Computer programs with ability to behave like functions of human brain
- Branch of Computer Science
- Automation of intelligent behavior
- Its making machines / computers mimicking Human behavior 🙂
Machine Learning –
- Subset of AI
- Ability of computers to learn or to perform some task without programming
- Works based on “experience” => Analyzing historical data to make predictions about future
- We give lots of data to algorithm
- Algorithm processes data
- Creates a Model => Contains rules based on the data = > Identifies the pattern in data and predicts
- Types of learning in Machine Learning –
- Supervised learning
- Unsupervised learning
What AI Needs ?
- Basic element
- We are working on them since long time
- Compute – Processing Power – Hardware
- Becomes lots easier nowadays because of cloud.
- It is easy to have more hardware or to scale as and when requires
- Smartphones are fully loaded with AI
- Lots of data
- Its going cheaper and cheaper day by day
- Best examples are – Google drive, One drive etc.
- Playing with data (fetching, messaging) become very easy. Easy tools are available
- AI constitutes the next technology revolution
- AI could contribute $15.7 trillion to the global economy by 2030
- Noted in Harvard Business Review Analytic Services report, An Executive’s Guide to Real-World AI, “Hype in tech is nothing new. What’s different this time is the degree to which reasonable and knowledgeable people believe that there is, indeed, a real urgency to get going with AI now.”
- The total installed base of devices with Artificial Intelligence (AI) will grow from 2.7 billion in 2019 to 4.5 billion in 2024, forecasts global tech market advisory firm, ABI Research
- Global spending on AI systems will hit $97.9 billion in 2023, two and a half times the 2019 spend, according to IDC’s Worldwide Artificial Intelligence Systems Spending Guide.
- Believe me AI will have very much demand in coming days 🙂
How Artificial Intelligence Is Being Used ?
- Almost used in every industry – Finance, Retails, food-processing, Healthcare, Automobile, Manufacturing, ERP, Content management, Collaboration, User productivity
- Healthcare – Countless applications in healthcare. AI has been boon to the healthcare system.
- In Hospitals to organize bed schedules
- Machine through brain-computer interfaces
- To power surgical robots
- Maximize hospital efficiency
- More accurate diagnosis – Mostly in cancer diseases
- Speech Recognition –
- Some intelligent systems are capable of hearing and comprehending the language in terms of sentences and their meanings while a human talks to it.
- It can handle different accents, slang words, noise in the background, change in human’s noise due to cold, etc.
- Computer Chess / Gaming :
- 2/96: Kasparov vs Deep Blue – Kasparov victorious: 3 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss
- 3/97: Kasparov vs Deeper Blue – First match won against world champion
- 512 processors: 200 million chess positions per second
- Here, Computer can think of large number of possible positions based on heuristic knowledge
- Driver-less vehicles / cars
- Used to reduce / repetitive tasks
- Intelligent Robots −
- Robots can perform the tasks given by a human.
- They have sensors to detect physical data from the real world such as light, heat, temperature, movement, sound, bump, and pressure.
- They have efficient processors, multiple sensors and huge memory, to exhibit intelligence. In addition, they are capable of learning from their mistakes and they can adapt to the new environment..
As a Fresher / Beginner where should I start?
- PYTHON −
- Python is the leader among all the programing languages for the AI
- If you really want to work / learn AI – YOU MUST KNOW THE PYTHON
- Community support – almost everybody is working on AI using Python
- For AI, in Python, better tools, support, libraries are available
- We have few good articles on Python to begin, please have a look once – https://knowledge-junction.com/?s=PYTHON
- Microsoft 365 AI Builder – Power Platform AI builder => https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/introducing-ai-builder-for-powerplatform/
- Microsoft Azure AI Services => https://azure.microsoft.com/en-in/overview/ai-platform/
Thanks for reading 🙂 Feel free to discuss / comment / questions 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂