LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 I hope we all are safe 🙂 STAY SAFE, STAY HEALTHY, STAY HOME 🙂
Background: We have started discussing Azure DevOps. In last 11 articles of Azure DevOps ( 🙂 yes, we have 11+ articles and many more to come 🙂 ) we discussed
- Introductory part of Azure DevOps – Introduction of Azure DevOps
- Organizations in Azure DevOps – What are Azure DevOps Organizations, how to create Organizations, permissions etc.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Deleting and Recovering Organization
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Projects – What are Azure DevOps Projects, how to create Projects, permissions etc.
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Types of Projects – Public project, Private project
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Project settings
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Deleting and Recovering Projects
- Azure DevOps – REST APIs – Part 1 – for Projects
- Azure DevOps – REST APIs – Part 2 – Creating Personal Access Tokens (PATs)
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – REST APIs – Part 3 – Personal Access Tokens (PATs) – “Revoke”, “Edit” and “Regenerate” operations
- Microsoft Azure DevOps – Boards
In this article we will move ahead and will discuss how to create Wiki for our Azure DevOps project.
Take away from this article: At the end of this article we will got to know about
- What is Wiki in Azure DevOps
- How to create Wiki for our project. What kind of information is shared in Wiki.
- What exactly happens in Azure DevOps when Wiki is created
- We must have team project.
- We need permission for “Create Repository” to publish our code as Wiki. Default permission is set for members of “Project Administrators” group
- To Add / Edit wiki pages, user need to be member of “Contributors” security group
What is Wiki in Azure DevOps :
- Wiki in Azure DevOps is used to share details, information within the team.
- Wiki is the collaboration tool for the team
- Wiki is available at project level in Azure DevOps
Creating a Wiki for our project :
- Here, we will create a Wiki for our “Transmittal Converter” project
- To go to Wiki, log in to the Azure DevOps – https://dev.azure.com/ as
- Click on any project as shown in below Fig – here we are using “Knowledge Junction Intranet” project
- To create new Wiki for the project, please click on “Wiki” option from left side panel, we will be redirected to “Wiki” section (Wiki landing page) as shown in below Fig
- As shown in above Fig, please click on “Create project wiki” blue color button. We will redirected to new empty Wiki page as shown in below Fig
- Please note the name of the Wiki – <ProjectName>.wiki, here we have Knowledge-Junction-Intranet.wiki. Spaces are replaced by the character “-“
- Following is the Wiki created for our project Knowledge Junction Intranet as
Next Article : In next article we will discuss more features of Azure DevOps Wiki
We have very good series going on Azure DevOps. Please have a look once – https://knowledge-junction.com/?s=Azure+DevOps
Thanks for reading 🙂 Feel free to discuss / comment / questions 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂Share In Teams:
Enjoy the beautiful life 🙂 Have a FUN 🙂 HAVE A SAFE LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂