Power Platform :- Creating Canvas App in Power App using SharePoint List for Beginners
In last article https://knowledge-junction.com/2020/05/02/power-platform-creating-a-basic-canvas-app-and-fetching-data-from-data-source-excel-from-onedrive-for-business/ we have discussed about OneDrive data. Today we are going to discuss how to create canvas app using SharePoint List.
We can create canvas app within Power Apps or in SharePoint.
When I learned to create app using SharePoint list. I first learned about how to create list in SharePoint that’s why I am sharing steps to create a SharePoint List. We can Use existing one or create a new list.
Follow the below steps to create a list :-
- Sign In to SharePoint.
- Click on “Create a site”.
3. There are two types to create a site (Team site and communication site) we will select “Team site”.
4. Give site name and click “Next”.
5. We will add group members and click on “Finish”.
6. Now select “+ New” then select “List”.
7. Giving a name to list and click “Create”.
8. Then we create list with columns name Employee name and Email Id and add some items.
Here we create a list in SharePoint so as I wrote above that “We can create canvas app within Power Apps or in SharePoint” so we are going to discuss both.
Create a Canvas app within SharePoint Online
- In SharePoint Online open list “Employee” (above created list name) click on tab “PowerApps” and select “Create an app”.
2. Name the app and click on “Create” after this we will redirected to sign page of PowerApp https://create.powerapps.com/studio/#.
For run and refresh Press F5 key and you can manage list CRUD operations by following the steps:-
- To Add new item click on “+” sign.
- To Delete and Update item just click on item.
Create a Canvas app within PowerApps
- Sign in to PowerApps https://make.powerapps.com.
2. We will be redirected to Connect to SharePoint site page and enter your URL or just click on URL which is given in recent sites.
3. Choose a list name “Employee” and click on “Connect” and app is created.
4. Run the app.
Thanks for reading. If its worth at least reading once, kindly please like and share. SHARING IS CARING.