LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 Day by day MS is making it more beautiful with M365 🙂
Today, In this article we will discuss concept of organizational level Asset Library.
- In one of our customer tenant we have more than 300+ communication site collections.
- Some site collections are Location based, some are Location specific News site collections
- Basically Flat hierarchy structure
- So as per Group / Location there are different editors for content creation
- Editors where using images to create there content, they were uploading to there respective site collection and hence the new requirements
- Customer need organizational level library where they could upload all the images at one place. So those can be reused as well 🙂
- In SharePoint online we have feature called “organization Asset Library”
- Through “organization asset Library” feature, we can manages images, photos, Videos at central location
- We can specify any Document library, Asset library as an “organization asset library”
- We can specify 30 organization asset libraries per organization
- One more requirement is all the organization asset libraries should be in one site collection
- We can not add “organization asset libraries” to multiple site collections
How to specify any library as organization asset library:
- We have PowerShell commands to set library as organization asset library
- Connect to the SharePoint online as Global Admin or SharePoint Admin role
- We will use “Add-SPOOrgAssetsLibrary” PowerShell cmdlet as
Add-SPOOrgAssetsLibrary -LibraryURL <String>
- LibraryURL – Absolute URL of the library which we need to specify as “organization asset library”
- Make sure that you have installed latest SharePoint Management Shell otherwise you will receive following error
- We could download latest version of ” SharePoint Online Management Shell” from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/confirmation.aspx?id=35588
- Once we lave latest “SharePoint Online Management Shell” we could execute the command successfully as
- Here, when we execute this cmdlet, we get warning to enable “content delivery network (cdn) if it is not enabled as shown in above Fig2
- Once we have input for enabling CDN, cmdlet get executed successfully.
- For my local tenant I am setting OOB shared document library as organization asset library.
- Once cmdlet get successfully executed, we get an option to choose the images from the libraries which our organization set as “organization asset library” as
- Create an organization assets library
- SharePoint Organization Asset Libraries Explained
Stay tuned for more such features 🙂 If you think its worth to read, please like and share 🙂 SHARING IS CARING 🙂
HAVE A HEALTHY LIFE 🙂 TAKE CARE 🙂