LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 Today sharing small news from Feb 2020 month.
News / Update : Global reader role now available in SharePoint admin center.
- This role is read-only counterpart to Global Admin Role
- Users in this role can read settings and administrative information across Microsoft 365 services, but cannot take any actions.
- Users who are assigned this role will have read-only access to all info and settings in the new SharePoint admin center.
- User in this role can be used with other limited admins like SharePoint Admin to check any issue / settings without having Global Admin.
In M365 Admin Center:
- Login to M365 Admin center – https://admin.microsoft.com/AdminPortal/Home#/homepage
- Click on “Roles” from the left pane as shown in Fig1.
- Once we clicked on “Roles” menu, in right pane “Roles” list will be open as
- Please click on “Global reader” role, “Global reader” pane will open as
- From above Fig3, “Global reader” contains details like
- To whom this role should be added = > First tab – “General”
- Who are current admins => Second tab – “Assigned admins”
- What permissions this role have => Third tab – “Permissions
Assigning “Global reader” role to user – I have assigned “Global reader” role to one of the user – email@example.com in my tenant as
Once I assigned “Global reader” role, logged in with the respective user and tried to change the setting, the given user cant change the setting. Following message shown as
Try it out this role 🙂 assign this role to some user and test it out 🙂
Stay tuned 🙂 Njoy the beautiful LIFE journey 🙂 Take Care:)