Power Platform – Power BI for Beginners – Introduction to Power BI. Business value and Features of Power BI
LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL 🙂 Today with Power BI 🙂 See the some statistics of Power BI in this article and I am sure you will tempting to use Power BI if not used till today 🙂
What is Power BI / Introduction to Power BI : Microsoft defines Power BI as ” Power BI is a business analytics solution that lets you visualize your data and share insights across your organization, or embed them in your app or website. Connect to hundreds of data sources and bring your data to life with live dashboards and reports. “
Some statistics: Following are few statistics of Power BI which indicates the popularity of Power BI
- Power BI is available in 43 languages and deployed in 40 data centers across the world.
- Around 200,000 customers around the world uses Power BI and brings 40 petabaytes of data into Power BI every month
- Over 97 percent of Fortune 500 companies use Power BI today.
Use cases of Power BI : From above statistics its clear that how heavily Power BI is used across the companies all over the world. This list is very vast and unending. Here are just few to start. Once we started we will understand the the
- For creating reports
- Power BI can access data from hundreds of data sources including Cloud based and On-Premises. Few examples are SharePoint, Azure, Excel, Dynamic 365 and so on.
- Get insights to our organizations data
- Provides executive dashboards for Administrators or super users
- For creating charts / graphs to provide visuals of data
- Allows to adopt analytics capabilities
Where to start Power BI / Parts of Power BI :
- Power BI Desktop –
- Microsoft Windows desktop application.
- We can download Power BI Desktop from here.
- Power BI Desktop is free.
- Power BI Desktop help us to create and publish reports to Power BI.
- Helps us to implement insights for various scenarios.
- We can connect to data from multiple data sources.
- We can share our report files for others to leverage, build and share.
- And so on… again will go in more delve in subsequent articles.
- Power BI Service –
- An online Software as Service (SAAS).
- Website-based version of Power BI.
- Mobile Power BI APP
- Power BI Report server – Allows to publish Power BI reports on an On-Premises server.
Power BI Admin Portal :
- Power BI Admin portal – https://app.powerbi.com/admin-portal/usageMetrics?language=en-US allows us to manage a Power BI tenant
- The complete Power BI admin portal is accessible to O365 Global Administrator or Power BI Service Administrator.
- Power BI Service Administrator – User who has the full control over a Power BI tenant and can perform all administrative features except licensing
- User without Global Administrator and Power BI Service Administrator role can only see – “Capacity Settings” from the admin portal
- This is again itself a very vast area to cover, we will discuss in separate articles
- Power BI documentation
- What is Power BI
- Get started with Power BI Desktop
- Power BI Community
- Tutorial: Get started with the Power BI service
Thanks for reading 🙂 Stay tuned for more interesting / exciting Power BI articles 🙂