We are continuing AI Builder series, In last two articles we discussed AI Builders for beginners and AI Builder Environments.
- Power Platform – AI Builder for beginners – Part 1
- Power Platform – AI Builder – Environments – Part 2
In this article we will discuss more about Environments. How to create environment, why it is necessary to create the environment.
Why to create new Environment: Reason behind this is some AI Builder feature is available to specific region. So if we need to use AI BUILDER feature which is available in specific region then we need to create the environment within specific region.
Creating Environment: We could create Environment by following locations
- PowerApp admin center – https://admin.powerapps.com/environments
- PowerPlatform admin center – https://admin.powerapps.com/environments
Here, we will discuss – Creating new Environment from PowerPlatform admin center. Following are the steps:
- Login to the PowerPlatform admin center – By default we will be redirected to “Help + Support” section, please click on “Environments” from left hand side navigation bar as
- Click on “Environments” link from left navigation as shown in Fig 1.
- We will be redirected to “Environment Listing” page
- Click on “+ New” link from top bar as
- As we click on “+ New” link as shown in Fig2, “New environment” bar will open at right side as
- Enter all the details as shown in below Fig4 and click on “Save” button
- Currently I selected “Environment Type” as “Trial” (Remember, Trial Environment will expire after 30 days.) and Region “Europe”. We will see new environment in environment listings as
Once we have new environment, we could use this environment for our Power Apps, AI BUILDER features (Models), Power Automate as
Who can create Environment from Power Platform Admin Center:
- By default user has who have following licenses can create environment
- Dynamics 365 Teams Plans – Can create one Trial environment only, can not create Production environment
- Dynamics 365 Plans – Can create one Trial environment only and Production environment
- Power Apps plan – Can create one Trial environment only and Production environment
- Power Apps trial Can create one Trial environment only and Production environment
- But its better to restrict Environment creation only to respective Admins
- To restrict Environment creation to Admins only, following are the steps:
- There is setting available from “PowerPlatform Admin center”. From the right top corner click on “Setting” (Gear) icon as
- Once we clicked on “Gear” icon, “Settings” panel will open as
- As shown in above Fig7, we can change the setting – “Who can create Environment” for Trial and Production environments.
- Create and manage environments in the Power Platform Admin center
- Control who can create and manage environments in the Power Platform Admin center
Thanks for reading 🙂 Please feel free to comment, any suggestions.
Stay tuned for next AI articles 🙂