Happy vacations 🙂 I know vacation mood is going on and I am starting writing with very interesting topic – AI Builder 🙂
Its long time back I am writing an article, busy with project and personal work. But set resolution for next year and try to be consistent.
Recently I got an opportunity to work with Power Platform – Power Apps form. Also worked on AI Builder, presented session on AI Builder in Sweden SharePoint Saturday event. So thought to be shared with all of us.
Take Away from this article : Since this is first article on AI Builder, we will discuss here basics to start and move towards advanced topics and demos 🙂
- Understand Power Platform
- Understand AI Builder – Introduction
This will multi part series . This series will also help in preparing the exam PL-900: Microsoft Power Platform Fundamentals
In this article I’ll try to explain following details:
- Introduction to Power Platform – High level overview.
- Power Apps – AI Builder – what is this service?
- Power Platform Admin Center for AI Builder
Introduction To Power Platform :
Power Platform was rolled out in 2018. Power Platform enables business to analyze there huge data, act on data and automate business processes. Power Platform includes following services as in above Fig1:
- Power Apps: Service for App development, App connectivity. Tool to create business application. Please refer my article for Introduction to Power Apps – Power Apps for beginners . “Citizen application development platform” – Without writing code allow to anybody to develop business application.
- Power BI: For data visualization.
- Power Automate (Microsoft Flow): Process automation service.
- Power Virtual Agents: Enables us to create the bots with no-code solution and with out requirement of data scientists and developers.
Power Apps – AI Builder :
- What is AI Builder:
- New Power Platform low-code solution for enabling us to easily automate processes, predict outcomes, improve business performance.
- No special coding or data-science skills are required.
- AI Builder uses Common Data Service (CDS – Enterprise grade data store). What is CDS – I’ll write separate article on it.
- Very easy integration in Power Apps and Power Automate.
- AI Builder was released in general availability on October 1st with the first two AI scenarios, Prediction and Business card reader.
- From where can I access to AI Builder / Navigating to AI Builder: To start with AI Builder,
- Log in to Microsoft Power Apps
- From left side panel select “AI Builder” as shown in above figure 2
- Few in-built OOB models available: In AI Builder, AI is based on model types as follows.
Power Platform Admin Center for AI Builder: Administer AI Builder.
- Power Platform Admin can use Power App admin center – https://admin.powerapps.com/ OR from Power Platform Admin center as well – https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/
- Power Platform administrators can use the Power Platform admin center to control whether users can create and use preview features as
- Navigating to Power Platform Admin Center and selecting Environment Settings as shown in following Fig
- Navigating to Power Platform Admin Center and Environment Settings >> Product as shown in following Fig
- Select “Features” from Product section as shown in below figure
- We will have setting for using the model types which are in preview mode as shown in below figure.
- By default this feature is enabled.
- Power Platform
- Preview: Administer Power Platform
- Power Apps for beginners
- Power Virtual Agents overview
- Introducing AI Builder for Power Platform
- What is AI Builder
- AI Builder December update
Thanks for reading 🙂 Stay tuned for lots of AI articles 🙂