Today bit different article. Today is birthday of – Father of Indian nuclear programme – Dr. Homi Jehangir Bhabha. Proud day for all of us.
If we google we will found lots of articles and details. But since today we are celebrating his birthday just thought to share few details for us so that we wont forget this great day 🙂
I wont share all the details, added reference for Wiki. I’ll share only few details/facts which I think we should all know. Your thoughts / suggestions are welcome 🙂
- Adams Prize – 1942
- Padma Bhushan – 1954 – Third highest civilian award in India
- Nominated for Nobel Prize for Physics in 1951 and 1953-1956
Homi Bhabha was bachelor. He fully devoted his life to science.
In January 1933, Bhabha received his doctorate in nuclear physics after publishing his first scientific paper, “The Absorption of Cosmic radiation“.
Bhabha become the first Chairman of The Atomic Energy Commission of India in 1948.
Bhabha also led (elected as president) the first UN Conference held for the purpose of Peaceful Uses of Atomic Energy in Geneva, 1955.
Under Bhabha’s direction, Indian scientist made their way into making an atomic bomb and the first atomic reactant was operated in Mumbai in 1956.
Bhabha was the scientific advisor for Prime minister Neharuji and Lal Bahadur Shstriji
- “My success will not depend on what A or B thinks of me. My success will be what I make of my work.”
- “For, each man can do best and excel in only that thing of which he is passionately fond, in which he believes, as I do, that he has the ability to do it, that he is in fact born and destined to do it.”
- “A scientific institution, be it a laboratory or an academy, has to be grown with great care like a tree. Its growth in terms of quality and achievement can only be accelerated to a limited extent.”
Thanks all 🙂 Have a wonderful life 🙂