M365 -News – OneDrive – Personal Vault is available worldwide on all OneDrive personal accounts
One interesting / important news from MS on 30 Sep. Personal Vault feature is available worldwide for all OneDrive personal accounts.
What is Personal Vault feature:
- Personal Vault in OneDrive is protected by identity verification, so we can store our more sensitive files.
- This is new layer of security to our OneDrive
- Personal Vault is protected area in OneDrive and can be only accessible using strong authentication mechanism or second step of identity verification – fingerprint, face, pin or a code sent via email or SMS
- Personal Vault also included features like encryption, suspicious monitoring, ransomware detection and recovery, mass file deletion and recovery, virus scanning on downloading for known threats and version history for all types.
- Currently by default for free personal account it supports only 3 files in Personal Vault.
Following is my personal OneDrive for my live account. “Personal Vault” icon/folder appears now for me as
Once we clicked on “Personal Vault” folder, first time it asks for verification of our identity and then use the same method to access the files.
We could manage detailed Personal Vault settings from top icon on right hand side as
Once we clicked on “Personal Vault settings” we will be redirected to https://onedrive.live.com/?v=ManageVault from where using “Manage” command we could manage various setting related to security.
I’ll leave now you guys to explore more 🙂 I would say this is very good feature added by MS to OneDrive. Try, explore and use it 🙂
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more.
If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.