Python for Beginners – Part 1 – What is Python? Why to learn Python?
This is my first Python article. I am SharePoint / Office 365 guy and next obvious learning path for me is Azure. Now a days Azure ML , AI , Data Science are trending technologies and more fascinating.
Python is one of the most used language for Azure ML, AI etc. So decided to learn the Python. When I did bit research found some very interesting facts and which increased my interest to learn Python 🙂
As my learning progresses, I’ll keep sharing 🙂
In this article I’ll share What is Python and Why to learn Python
What is Python?
- One of the easiest language to learn. So it is everybody’s cup of tea 🙂
- Python is interpreted language
- Python is object-oriented programming language.
- Python is free language, we can download and use.
- Source code also available for Python, we an modify and redistribute as well. Python language is available under an open source licensing
- Python’s license is administered by the Python Software Foundation.
- Python programming is platform independent. Python runs on every OS – Mac OS, Windows, Linux, and Unix
- Automatic memory management, no worries of allocating and de-allocating memory in code
- Python programs are typically much shorter than equivalent C, C++, or Java programs
- Python code is highly readable which makes it more reusable and maintainable
- Python has clean and elegant coding style
- Python comes with large collection of standard modules that can be reused in other Python programs
- Most valuable resource for Python – https://www.python.org/
- Guido Van Rossum wrote Python in late 1980’s
- The most up-to-date and current source code, binaries, documentation, news, etc., is available on the official website of Python https://www.python.org/
Why to learn Python? – Most interesting part
- Python has become the most popular programming language in the world. This one reason is enough to learn Python 😊
- Python has overtaken Java as the most popular programming language in the world.
- Python is one of the most favorable choice for
- AI and Machine learning
- Data analysis & visualization
- Scientific and Numerical applications
- Web and Internet applications
- Database Access
- Desktop GUIs
- Network Programming
- Software and Game development
- Data Science
- Writing Python code is so much fun 😊
- Python language is so easy that even non-programmer understands it
- Python is becoming major programming language
- There is shortage of Python developers 😊 so more opportunities 🙂 more salary 🙂
Next Article: In next article we will discuss installation steps for python on our computer.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more.
If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.