M365 – Certification : Preparing MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals) – study material – Cloud deployment models – Understand cloud concepts(15%-20%)
Continuing preparing for study material for MS-900, third article in series, today we will discuss Cloud deployments method / Types of cloud computing models for cloud services.
If you are preparing for this exam and still didn’t went through last two articles, please refer once :
Background: Different organizations have different requirements for setting up cloud. Not any one cloud method is suitable for any one organization.
Cloud deployment model defines where the data stored, where the applications are running. How the customer/users interacting with it and so on
Following are cloud deployments methods to deploy cloud services:
- Public cloud
- Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud
- Public cloud :
- Public clouds are managed by cloud service providers
- These cloud service providers provide cloud computing resources like servers, storage, databases and so on over the public Internet
- Whole infrastructure is managed and owned by cloud service providers. That means everything runs on cloud providers hardware
- Data of organization remains in data center of cloud service providers
- High scale-able module, no need to worry about scaling up and scaling down of cloud computing resources. Infinitely scalable
- Cost as per use basis, no extra cost.
- Organization is not responsible for maintenance.
- Most common deployment model
- Best Example: Microsoft Azure – Here Microsoft as cloud service provider and we access all azure services through browser
- Common use cases: Hosting blog site, or web application.
- Private cloud:
- Service offered by private cloud either over the Internet or private internal network and only selected users rather to all public
- Data in private cloud mostly located in Organizations data-center or any third-party service provider to host their private-cloud
- This type of cloud also called internal or corporate cloud
- Private cloud provides higher level of security /strong control by using company firewalls and internal hosting makes sure that organization data / applications are not accessible to outside
- Cloud computing services are for specific organization those are not shared among the multiple organizations
- Hybrid cloud:
- Public cloud + Private cloud
- Organization data / applications are shared between Public cloud and Private cloud
- Hybrid cloud gives flexibility to the organizations by allowing to share data / application in between, more options are
- Here, organizations have a flexibility to use Public cloud for basic and non-sensitive data / tasks (e.g. – Organizations Intranet) and business critical information is in private cloud.
What Next : In next article we will discuss types of cloud services:
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service)
- PaaS (Platform as a service)
- SaaS (Software as a service)
- What is cloud computing? A beginner’s guide
- M365 – Certification : Preparing MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals) – study material – Understanding cloud concepts for beginners
- M365 – Certification : Preparing MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals) – study material – Benefits of cloud computing
- What is Public Cloud?
- Hybrid cloud overview
- Microsoft Azure: The only consistent, comprehensive hybrid cloud
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles