I recently published one article regarding new role based certifications “Certifications – O365 exams are retiring. New role based exams. M365 certifications.” M365 has new exam : MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals). I am starting preparing for this exam and target is next month. I am going through the topics one by one and will share the details in the for study material for this exam kind of article series.
You will find the syllabus for this exam here.
Today first article starting with first topic. I am starting with “Understand cloud concepts (15-20%)”.
Understanding cloud concepts: This topic covers following features :
- Detail and understand the benefits and considerations of using cloud services
- Understand the different types of cloud services available
- position Microsoft 365 in a SaaS scenario, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, Public, Private, and Hybrid scenarios
What is Cloud Computing?
- Cloud computing is the delivery of computing resources like Servers(virtual machines), Storage, Software’s, Databases (such as SQL, NoSQL), Networking and many more over the Internet on PAY-PER-USE basis.
- The company which provides cloud services are called “Cloud Provider” like Microsoft, Amazon, Google, Oracle etc.
- Consider mail service from any provider like Gmail service from Google. Almost everybody we have Gmail account.
- This service is available over Internet.
- Service is available on on demand. Whenever we want we are checking emails. We can use this service.
- We use it but we dont know where Google stores our mails, how much storage is used- basically unlimited storage, no worries of storage, where our attachments goes, how those accounts are managed and so on.
- Everything is abstract for us.
- So this is the free service provided by Google for us. This is nothing but one of the very good example of cloud.
- We use the service very much but we dont have to worry about storage, account management, easy extra services like reset password, forgot password , managing our account and so on.
- Mail service is available all the time so high availability, no maintenance of our mails, free of cost, very reliable, security – we are believing on Gmail with our closed eyes, no issues of storage, no performance issue, available from any were – no location barrier, accessible from any device . So these are the benefits of Gmail service and so of Cloud Technologies.
Fig 1 : M365 Certification – MS-900 (Microsoft 365 Fundamentals) – Cloud Computing and benefits
I hope here at least now we have basic idea of concepts of cloud computing.
- What is cloud computing?
What Next: In next article I’ll explain in detail the benefits of cloud computing, summary of next article as below :
Benefits of cloud computing: Here I am only listing the benefits of cloud computing, in next article I am explaining in detail of each and every benefit of cloud computing. Following are the most common benefits of cloud computing:
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.