We will discuss one of the new feature recently rolling out across the tenants in o365. Feature is – customized help and support pane. It will be shown in our o365 navbar.
With this feature we can streamline our o365 users support by providing customized contact info to the help pane. Our users will get this help contact information by clicking the help icon appears on the right top corner in navigation bar.
Background: Currently without using this feature help pane appears as shown in following figure 1
Fig 1 : M365 – OOB help pane without customization in o365 / SharePoint online
So here as shown in above figure there is no any contact information available in case our user has any query or help needed. Only those OOB link appears.
New feature customized help and support pane: As a o365 Admin now we can customize contact information to the help pane.
To enable this feature we need to configure the helpdesk contact card in Admin portal. Following are the steps to configure the helpdesk contact card in Admin portal:
- Go to the Admin portal from App Launcher as
- From Settings select Organization profile as
- From Organization profile page select setting “Provide customized help desk contact info” as shown in below figure and click on “Edit” button
- “Custom help desk” pane will open as
- Please Turn on the “Help desk card” (Note: To create this custom help desk card we must have Global Admin rights and have a license to Exchange online) as
- Once we have turned on the custom “Help desk card” we have options to enter the details as
- Once we have all the details are in place we are ready to see the details on all sites as (Note: User need to sign out and sign in again to see the details)
This seems to be very good feature and as a hardcore o365 user really happy to see this feature. I’ll definitely recommend for all my customers 🙂
This change is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID: 42268
Will conclude here now, thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.