Today I am going to write about an error which I encountered when I was working on the project.
So the scenario is, I started SQL server management studio to do some changes in database. And on the Connect to Object Explorer window, I clicked Connect but I got the following error. See figure .1 Similarly you can get this error from your window form application.
So I started searching on Google about this error.
Causes of this error:
- Can be because of Network issue.
- Can be because of SQL server configuration issue.
- Can be because of Firewall issue.
- Can be because of Authentication and log on issue.
- Can be because of Stopped SQL Server(SQLEXPRESS) service.
In my case it was because of the last option that is SQLEXPRESS service was stopped and was not running.
- In Windows cortana search, look for Services and open.
- In this list of services search for SQL Server (SQLEXPRESS).
- Select the service and right click on it. Click start.
Now start SQL server management studio and connect, you won’t get the error.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles