Today we are celebrating friendship day.
Knowledge-Junction wishes all a very HAPPY FRIENDSHIP DAY.
Today, on the occasion of Friendship day I will take an opportunity to share some known facts related to Friendship day, importance of Friendship day.
I destroy my enemy when I make him my friend – Abraham Lincoln.
Friends plays very vital role in our life. Without friend there is no life. Friend is the most trusted person in our life. It is very necessary to express our feelings, greetings to our friends. Also, from our side we must try to become the good friend of the people who care us, cheers us, help us or motivate us to do good things, to lead, to become good human being and so on.
I would rather walk with a friend in the dark, than alone in the light – HELEN KELLER
- First time idea of Friendship day was proposed by founder of Hallmark cards, Joyce Hall on 2 August 1930
- Friendship day was first proposed in Paraguay as the ‘International Friendship Day‘ in South America.
- World Friendship Crusade proposed the first World Friendship Day was proposed on 30 July in 1958 . [World Friendship Crusade – International Civil Organisation campaigns in favor of Friendship.]
- In different countries Friendship day is celebrated on different days.
- General Assembly of the United Nations declared 3o July as official International Friendship day.
- In India and in US Friendship day is celebrated on first Sunday of August.
- In Brazil, Friends day is celebrated on 20 July
- In Finland and Estonia, Friends day is celebrated on Valentines day.
- In Ohio, Friendship day is celebrated on 8 April.
Many people will walk in and out of your life, but only true friends will leave footprints in your hearts – ELEANOR ROOSEVELT
Share your ideas how you celebrated Friendship day in comment box 🙂 I celebrated my friendship day by giving gifts(of-course books only, always gives books as gifts only), calling friends which are not near by me, sending texts and messages.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles