Office 365 : Microsoft Teams – Sending emails to specific channel
In previous following few articles we discussed about Microsoft Teams
Office 365 – Modern Team Sites / Office 365 group – Few findings related to user management – https://knowledge-junction.com/2018/04/20/office-365-modern-team-sites-office-365-group-few-findings-related-to-user-management/
Office 365 – Microsoft Teams: Adding Owner to the Teams – https://knowledge-junction.com/2018/04/24/office-365-microsoft-teams-adding-owner-to-the-teams/
Office 365 – Modern sites / Microsoft Teams- few facts about deleting modern sites or Teams – https://knowledge-junction.com/2018/03/16/office-365-modern-sites-microsoft-teams-few-facts-about-deleting-modern-sites-or-teams/
Today we will discuss, how to send the emails to individual channel of the Microsoft Team so that email will appear in “Conversations” of channel and all member can see it.
How to get specific channel email address?
1. Select the channel of which we need to get the email address and click on “More options” as shown in below figure, here “Test Team Through Desktop Client” is my team name and “General” is default channel created
2. Click on “Get email address” option as
3. As we click on “Get email address” option “Get email address” dialog will appear, from which we will get the respective channel email address as
4. Format of channel email address is – <randomtext>.<our Tenant>@emea.teams.ms
Example – General – Test Team Through Desktop Client <b15bfbee.M365x806854.firstname.lastname@example.org>
5. On the above dialog there is “advanced settings” link available if we will click it there are options regarding who can send the email to this channel or emails should be sent from given domains as
Once we have channel email address, we can send email even from our outlook and that email address appears in “Conversation” section as
One important point: We didn’t get this channel email id programmatically like either from CSOM or from Graph APIs. There is no such API available. We get channel email address only from Microsoft Desktop Client.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles / news.