May 17- World Hypertension day
Today new and little bit different topic. May 17 is celebrated as World Hypertension day and I took this opportunity to share the awareness related to Hypertension with all of us.
Note: I am not expert in this area, my only purpose to write about Hypertension is just to have more awareness among ourselves and making our life more beautiful 😊
Hypertension day is initiated by The World Hypertension League in the year 2005.
The World Hypertension League(WHL) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization. This organization is dedicated to the prevention and control of hypertension globally to spread awareness. Currently around 85 national societies have the membership of WHL. In 2015 regional WHL India (Hyderabad) was launched.
WHIL celebrate this day with specific theme every year. This year theme is “Know Your Numbers” having the goal to increase the awareness about high Blood Pressure around the world.
I will must suggest here to visit WHL site at least once – http://www.whleague.org/index.php
Hypertension: Hypertension means High Blood Pressure.
Luckily in my family my two uncles are senior doctors (Dr. Sanjay Sabadra, Mumbai and Dr. Santosh Surana, Sillod, Maharashtra, India). On the occasion of this day, I took opportunity to discuss with them related to Hypertension. Its kind of interview, I asked few questions related to Hypertension and try to get the answers and more awareness 😊
Q: What are the causes of Hypertension?
Ans: Main reason of Hypertension are:
- Stress: Please have a look at my previous article – Success – Handling Stress
- Obesity – Over weight due to wrong eating habits
- Hereditary – If in family somebody has already Hypertension then there are chances that their respective family has the Hypertension.
Q: How to avoid Hypertension? What precautions need to be taken?
Ans: Following few precautions which we discussed we need to take care. But there are many more.
- Healthy Diet:
- Less intake of salt
- Disciplined diet – Timely eating habits.
- One important point from the discussion is Oil intake. Not more than 0.5 kg per month and don’t have one oil all the time. Change the type of oil intake. Nowadays cocktail oil also available in the market.
- More intake of fruits and green vegetables. Reducing intake of Junk food.
- Reducing intake of alcohol
- Quitting smoking
- Daily exercise routine. So that weight is maintained.
- Disciplined lifestyle – as discussed above timely eating habits. Timely sleeping habits. Adequate sleep.
- Minimum 30-minute brisk walking
- No Stress: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL. No need to take much more tension in Life. Everything is happening for better us. Lets have daily check up of our health.
Q. How to know I have Hypertension OR now I should consult to Doctor?
Ans: Following are few symptoms:
- Back side headache
- Blurred vision
Q. What are the Risks if I have high Blood Pressure?
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Kidney diseases, kidney failure, kidney infection etc…
STAY HEALTHY STAY FIT.
There are lots of articles / information available on the net but still I am taking here small step to spread awareness regarding Hypertension. Share these kinds of information as much as possible and make this world better to live.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.