Paints – Acrylic Paintings Tools
In last our article Paintings – Beginning we discussed basic tips to start painting. In this article we will discuss acrylic paintings tools.
Determining the precise acrylic painting art supplies is the primary and important step in learning acrylics painting. This blog brings you a list of basic and essential acrylic art supplies.
To begin with something new, we usually try to invest less, as we typically fear loss twice as much as we relish success. Believe me painting is very delightful activity and fairly easy to do. Painting is one of the most admired and pleasurable hobby today. Acrylic painting wouldn’t require very expensive tools.
Apart from an individual objective, here are the top five health benefits of painting.
• Improves concentration
• Decent way to relax
• Enhance creativity
• Increase determination
• Self-confidence (Completion of painting and getting response)
In this section I will give you list of essential supplies and its uses.
Essential Supplies: –
Advance (Optional): –
- Palette knife
- Masking tape
Acrylic paints are made from pigment, water and nontoxic acrylic polymer binder, which forms a clear and hard film of paint after it dries on surface. You might feel it’s a chemical lab blog. In fact, it does not matter in the beginning as there are lots of exciting thing to do here. Selection of acrylic paint when you’re a beginner could seems fearsome because there are so many different brands, colors, and variations to choose from… but fear not! This page will help you to sail through that intricacy and find acrylic tool supplies that match your needs and budget.
Acrylic paint is known for composing exuberant and roaring paintings with solid colors. Paintings done in acrylic paint emerges with a high-pitch, clear and vibrant effect. It’s a good choice if you want a painting that looks absolute.
Properties of Acrylic Paint: –
• Fast drying
• Stiffer to blend
• Cost effective
• Water-resistant when dry
When dry, acrylic paint is usually non-removable from a solid surface. Water or mild diluters do not re-dissolve it. The use of a solvent to remove paint may result in removal of all the paint layers from the base (e.g. Canvas). Oil and warm, soapy water can remove acrylic paint from skin. Dried brush can be cleaned again by using acetone. Please be careful with this chemical substance. Wet brush can be cleaned with normal water. Everything on earth has life, so handle brushes with delicacy.
Things to keep in mind before buying paints
1. Quality – Keep it average price and a reputed brand.
2. Color – Start off with 10 colors below. You can easily mix these basic colors to create many other colors. Do not select wide range initially, smaller selection make painting less complicated. Easier option is to start with an acrylic paint set. This will save your money and time.
3. Life of color depends on first point.
4. Thickness – Begin with the more common heavy acrylics because they can still be diluted with water. Thinning is related to layering (Repetitive paint coats).
5. Tube or Jar – Tubes are portable but you can save money with jars by buying more paint at once, start with the tubes and buy a few jars once you’ve found your preferred brand and colors you use a lot. Start with the smaller tubes to keep your choices open for other brands.
Common colors and how they look :-
My next blog I will cover other tools.
Thanks for Reading 🙂
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.