YES, YOU CAN BECOME A SUCCESS STORY
In our previous articles we are discussing about SUCCESS, key ingredients of SUCCESS – CONSISTENCY, FOCUS, FITNESS AND FAILURE LESSONS. Today we will discuss how an individual can become a success story and inspiration for others.
The success stories I love the most are those of people I know personally and have witnessed transpire right before my eyes, because I can relate with it and reinforce my belief that success is truly possible for anyone. It isn’t necessarily influenced by our connections or backgrounds and can be achieved at any stage in one’s life – success doesn’t discriminate.
There’s something about reading other people’s success stories that warms my heart. It makes me reflect on my life while inspiring me to believe in the possibility of my own dreams, and pursue them with gusto. Some stories make me cry because of the tales of adversity that inspired them. Others, however, amaze me because of some the ingenious and unconventional inspirations behind them. Whatever their nature, most success stories appear to share some common denominators.
As much as we enjoy hearing other people’s success stories and celebrating those of our loved ones; there comes a point in our lives when we all aspire for the same – when we want to inspire others through our own success stories.
Following are few points those can ensure us that we can become a success story:
1. Be passionate about what you do regardless of anything some of the best success stories are often those about people who chose to pursue their passions not because money was their main motivation, but rather because they love what they do and want to make a difference in the world by sharing their gifts with others. Often times, people who pursue things they naturally love to do are able to attract both money and success, because it is easier to fully immerse oneself and flourish in things one enjoys.
If you want to experience success in your pursuits and someday inspire others through your own success story. You have to be passionate about what you do without worrying about anything. Our passions are things we are naturally good at, connect with, enjoy doing and from which we derive fulfillment and purpose. Although we can experience success in different arenas of life, the endeavors which give our life meaning are those that we have a deep connection with and feel passionate about.
“Only way to do great work is to love what you do”. – Steve Jobs
2. Take charge: Be a responsible for every action of ourselves. You’ve got to get out in front. Take the initiative. Come up with an idea, a direction, and a goal. Then lead the charge to achieve it. Stick your neck out, make things happen, get things done, deliver real measurable results, and hold yourself accountable.We are the responsible for our life, our every action. Nobody else. We can’t blame the circumstances, rather we should create our favorable circumstances.
3. Embrace consistency – Be prepared for exposure of your knowledge every day at any moment.Overnight success is nonexistent. If we want to become success stories, we will have to consistently cultivate our goals and dreams by putting in the time and effort needed to make them reality. Anything worth achieving and sustaining in life requires both constant and consistent effort and attention.
According to Aristotle, consistency is the key to success, and excellence isn’t an act but rather a habit; we are what we repeatedly do.
Success is the sum of all the small efforts we consistently repeat day in and day out that are vital to maintaining it. Consistency allows us to form habits, measure our progress, develop routines and creates accountability that ensures follow through on our goals and dreams. Anyone who has ever experienced success in their pursuits was able to do so because they were willing to show up every day and consistently do the things that needed to be done to ensure the manifestation of their desired outcome.
“Whatever you hold in your mind on a consistent basis is exactly what you will experience in your life”. –Anthony Robbins.
4. Strengthen your ‘Why’ ability If you read most success stories, you will discover they were inspired by a strong and solid reason. Knowing why you want to accomplish something, what accomplishing it will mean to you, and what kind of impact it will have on your life or that of others’ will play a great role in determining your success or failure. Our desires inspire us, motivate us to take action and keep us from giving up when we want to throw in the towel.
You need to determine your motive for doing whatever you want to do and determine whether it is valid and strong enough. If this is not done, you may not have enough fuel for the long haul and sustain your commitment to your endeavors.
“I never learn anything talking. I only learns things when I ask questions”. – Lou Holtz.
5. Do not put any limit belief to yourself, adopt your mindset according to your passion and success.Belief is integral in developing a successful mindset and making anything happen. In order for us to adopt a mindset of success, we must first believe that success is possible for us and that we have what it takes to accomplish whatever it is we desire. We have to let go of any limiting beliefs we possess that make us feel unworthy of or incapable of achieving our goals or dreams. Self-imposed limitations or what others have made us believe about ourselves will tear us apart.
Anyone who has ever accomplished anything great would be wise in telling you they were able to do so because they believed they could. If we want to become a success story, we have to first see and speak of ourselves as capable of and believe that we have the power within ourselves to do anything we set our minds to.
“I always believe that the sky is the beginning of the limit.” – MC Hammer.
6. To have ability to recover quickly from difficult conditions and recoil into shape again after bending Most success stories contain elements of overcoming adversities and setbacks. Some of our most valued dreams will require our blood, sweat and tears to accomplish.
If you wish to share your success story someday, you have to be prepared to develop thick-skin and learn how to appropriately deal with and overcome defeat. You have to learn how to rise up after each stumble and live to fight another day until you achieve victory.
As you can see based on the above, success isn’t elusive or even exclusive – it is possible for every one of us as long as we are willing to do our part in ensuring the fruition of our desires. Determine why you want what you want, believe that its manifestation is possible for you, consistently take action towards your goals and dreams, be passionate about your endeavors and maintain a resilient spirit when you encounter challenges and obstacles. Trust in the process and in no time, you too will be your own success story.
“Don’t give up. All of your hard work will pay off soon, stick with what you’re doing no matter how hard it gets”.
What are you doing today to ensure success in the future?
Let us know your story below!
Hope you had a great time reading this.
Keep reading, share your thoughts, experiences.
Enjoy reading 🙂
Like, Subscribe, Share and Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles. Feel free to contact me in case of any comment / issue / feedback !.