Focus: One of the key Ingredient of success formula
In one of our previous article – “Consistency: One of the key Ingredient of success formula” we discussed about Consistency one of the key ingredient of success formula. Today we will discuss about another key ingredient – FOCUS.
IT IS DURING OUR DARKEST MOMENTS THAT WE MUST FOCUS TO SEE THE LIGHT – ARISTOTLE.
As per Oxford English Dictionary, FOCUS meaning is – The center of interest or activity, the state of having or producing a clear and defined image
And if we look the Synonyms in computer which are – ATTENTION, CONCENTRATION, SINGLE-MINDNESS, EMPHASIS, EFFORT, MOTIVATION CENTER as
If we notice these meanings or synonyms somehow are related to SUCCESS like EFFORT, MOTIVATION, CONCENTRATION, SINGLE-MINDNESS etc. To achieve anything in our life to achieve our goal FOCUS / CONCENTRATION is very important. Our FOCUS must be on our Goal. Simple our day-to-day life example, if any driver while driving vehicle loses his/her focus then we know what will happen.
Successful people maintain a positive focus in life no matter what is going on around them. They stay focused on their past successes rather than their past failures, and on the next action steps they need to take to get them closer to the fulfillment of their goals rather than all the other distractions that life presents to them. —Jack Canfield
Nowadays lots of things keep going together those distracts us like social activities, friends, television and so on, this easily help to distract us from our goal and we didn’t realize how and what time already went away. This also leads us to discouraging from achieving our goals. And finally we agree / satisfied on what we have rather than trying for what we want.
CHOOSE TO FOCUS YOUR TIME, ENERGY AND CONVERSATION AROUND PEOPLE WHO INSPIRE YOU, SUPPORT YOU AND HELP YOU TO GROW YOU INTO YOUR HAPPIEST, STRONGEST, WISEST SELF – KAREN SALMANSOHN
Avoid the people who always tell negative things. For example, if I started diet and doing well, one of my friend told your tummy looks big, I simply ignore his statement. If somebody who always think what he said then he/she will be demotivated.
So try to avoid company of such peoples who always try to demotivate. Rather than focusing on themselves they always think of others and try to demotivate. Believe me such people never reach anywhere. They don’t have their own target. Most of the time these people always complaining rather than trying to find solution or motivating / helping others and there selves.
Also, when you are doing good things, trying something better or contributing for god cause, some people will try to avoid you and you will unnecessary think what happen and what went wrong. But neglect such kind of things. Try to focus on your work and your priorities only.
Remember one simple thing “When you climb to ladder of success, lots of people will try to pull your legs but once you reach on the top same people will follow you. They will praise you. ”
“You have to walk alone on the path of success so be prepared for that never expect support all the time. Create your own journey, create your own path and start. Share only with those on whom you firmly believe that in case you failed then also they will motivate you”
How to maintain our FOCUS / CONCENTRATON towards our GOAL:
- Allocate the time for everything.
- For example like social media it takes lots of time of ours even those are not part of our GOALs. For example, to check FB, LN, Twitter, WhatsApp and so on allocate few minutes in morning or in evening and don’t touch for rest of the time. These thing easily distracts our mind from what we are doing and also takes lots of time. If these activities help us towards achieving our goal then allocate more time.
- Practice to turning off the Television. Which easily distracts our mind and reduce the concentration.
- Plan out time for Friends, Movies / Lunch / Dinner (Enjoyments), make sure that these activity happens in specific duration like once in week, or once in two weeks and so on.
- Share your goal with your Family / Trusted friends so that they will keep reminding us for our goals and we will concentrate on the actions for achieving them
- Visualize that you already achieve your goal and think about the achievement you got.
- Prioritize the task:
- Write out detailed tasks, prepare to-do list every day and follow it.
- Plan out these tasks. How you will achieve them.
- Most important:
- Find out the way to back on track
in case we lose our concentration, feeling bored, mind get distracted and so on. May be its simple watching our favorite movie, short walk, talking to best friend, going to GYM, listening music and so on.
- Allocate the time for everything.
- Mind: Prepare our mind to focus only on our priority tasks which helps to achieve our goals. If there are lots of stuff in our mind we couldn’t concentrate and we will reach nowhere.
I DON’T FOCUS ON WHAT I’M UP AGAINST. I FOCUS ON MY GOALS AND I TRY TO IGNORE THE REST. – VENUS WILLIAMS
Keep reading such articles, share your thoughts, experiences. Feel free to contact us to discuss more. If you have any suggestion / feedback / doubt, you are most welcome.
Stay tuned on Knowledge-Junction, will come up with more such articles.
Thanks for reading 🙂